Saturday 13 January 2018

Various Artists - 1976 - Super Gold FLAC




01 Paper Lace - The Night Chicago Died
02 Sherbet - Life
03 Marcia Hines - From The Inside
04 Billy Joel - Piano Man
05 Elton John - Daniel
06 Linda Ronstadt - You're No Good
07 Bee Gees - Mr. Natural
08 Hush - Bony Moronie
09 The Three Degrees - When Will I See You Again
10 David Essex - Gonna Make You a Star
11 Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting
12 Skyhooks - All My Friends Are Getting Married
13 Olivia Newton-John - If You Love Me (Let Me Know)
14 Barry White - You're The First, The Last, My Everything
15 Peter Shelley - Gee Baby
16 Minnie Riperton - Lovin' You
17 Gene Pitney - Blue Angel
18 Blood Sweat And Tears - Spinning Wheel
19 Linda George - Mama's Little Girl
20 Marty Rhone - Denim And Lace

8 comments:

  1. Hi Deutros, lovin' these comps. - takes me back to my mis-spent youth. One tiny gotcha - keep an ear out for those dire re-recordings. The Paper Lace track is a later re-recording, and also on a previous volume - The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde was as well. Haven't dived into all yet, and can advise if I discover any other re-recordings. But don't let this deter you - I'm lovin' 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I know just Laziness on my part do you want the track from the album.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, just did a substitute from my CD collection. I've got quite a few of these on vinyl or cassette. The ones to watch out for I think are those minor label artists or independents/one-hit wonders who sold their soul to re-recording quick money earners - the CDs you find in discount stores/Aldi etc. Paper Lace was a fine example. The comps done by the majors EMI, WEA, CBS, Polygram are usually reliable,

    ReplyDelete
  4. yess please, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are both these anonymous answer from the same person a bit confused by the no then yes

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's tricky. My posts are 1 and 3. Let's see if I can become un-anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For the purists i think it would be great to know which tracks are re recordings. Think you are doing a great job sharing these, thanx from Brisbane.

    ReplyDelete